QuickLinks for 8 November 2006
Here are a few things that came across Google Reader I thought were worth linking to and providing a brief comment on:
- Free IP Alarm Service from NextAlarm: It’s not entirely free since you have to buy the hardware, but the service can be had for free if you think notifications via email are acceptable. Neat concept, if you ask me.
- Donny Rumsfeld Not Responding: Mac users will love this picture, as will anyone else who is not particularly fond of Donny Rumsfeld or anyone else in W’s administration.
- Linksys CIT310 Phone for Yahoo Messenger: Yawn. Why in the world would I want to buy a phone that was tied to Yahoo’s service? At least Skype’s service has some critical mass to it.
- Extending Google Chat to Orkut: Maybe some of the Brazilians who use Orkut will start using Google Talk and boost their numbers? Nah…
- I tend to think politicians should be changed often, just like diapers, and for exactly the same reason: I was not the originator of the quote, nor was it even the exact quote I used. Even so, a couple of German bloggers liked it. Always nice to have some fans in Deutschland.