Spring VON.x 2008 Post-Mortem
I did not get to experience the entire VON.x show this week, as I had to spend some time in the office. After all, work did pay for this trip to the Bay Area. However, I did get to experience most of the various parts of VON, including several after-conference events. You can see some of what I got to experienced below, thanks to my trusty Nokia N95 and Share on Ovi:
It has been a fairly educational week for me. Here is some of what I’ve learned:
- There are some truly wonderful and bright people in the industry. Now I know some of them in-person.
- Some influential people read my blog–I’ve had several of them tell me personally. I feel truly gratified and honored.
- James Body carries more phones that I thought humanly possible.
- I got to play with an iPhone for the first time ever. Nice interface, but I could never use an entirely touch-screen device without buttons for data entry.
- Pat Phelan can carry a WiFi access point in his back pocket.
- Companies that properly prepare get their money’s worth from a trade show.
- I now know what it’s like to heckle a presentation on Twitter.
- The real business doesn’t happen on the trade show floor, but in the hallways and hotels around the trade show location.
- Andy Abramson truly has great taste in wine, though he served far more than I managed to drink.
- iSkoot has a Skype client that supports Skype IM from a Nokia device.
Between this and the conversations I had at work this week, it has been an almost overwhelming week!