As part of my migration from AT&T Wireless to Cingular, I had to get a new phone. I ended up getting the Nokia 6230. While I will miss the qwerty keyboard on my Nokia 6800 or 6820, this phone is the shiznit, at least for this type of phone.
Here’s what I like, in no particular order.
- It’s fast. The UI is fast. The EDGE is fast (it’s Class 10, which means it can theoretically hit the 200k range).
- It plays MP3s, which are stored on the included MMC card. Needs a bigger MMC, though. Decent quality sound.
- It does MP3 ringtones.
- Camera is better than the 6820 (can do 640×480). Not only that, you can crop pictures from the phone itself.
- The browser does a better job of rendering HTML. I did mention this phone was faster, right?
- FM Radio. Useful at times. Needs the headset connected.
- Streaming video, though I need to test it somehow.
At least it will hold me over until I can get my hands on a Nokia 6630.