Asterisk @ Home is up, but not configured
After swapping hard drives, burning a few coasters, and breaking a couple of CD-rom drives, I got [email protected] 1.0 working on my old Asterisk server. It’s up, but that’s about all I can say at this point. I haven’t configured it yet.
I can say that they’ve got the install part down pretty well, though. I put in the disk, walked away for several hours, and when I came back, the system had a semi-reasonable set of defaults and everything was up and ready to be configured. It’d be nice if the system actually prompted you to, say, pick a different root password or a different web admin password. Especially since they warn you in the docs about using the default password.
Anyway, the further configuration will be a project for another evening. It was time to go to bed an hour or two ago.