FireWall-1 FAQ: Email gets stuck in the SMTP Security Server queue
Please note: This content was from when I was operating my FireWall-1 FAQ site, which I stopped operating in August 2005. For some reason people still have links to this stuff on the Internet that people are still clicking on.
I am making this information available again AS IS. Given how old this information is, it is likely wildly inaccurate. I have no plans to update this information.
If you're still running versions of Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 where this information is still relevant to you, do yourself a favor and upgrade to a more recent release. If you happen to be running a current release and the information is useful, it's by happenstance :)
Here are some steps to take that will help:
- Stop FireWall-1 with 'fwstop'
- Go to $FWDIR/spool (or wherever you've configure FireWall-1 to spool mail)
- Create a directory called XXXX and move all files into this directory.
- Restart FireWall-1 with 'fwstart'
- Move a few files from XXXX back into the main spool directory
- FireWall-1 should begin delivering mail again. Repeat step 5 as necessary.