Get iReady…to be iScrewed
If you’re a current AT&T Customer:
For those of you not AT&T Customers:
If you don’t want to watch these cheesy videos from AT&T, then here are the particulars:
1. New AT&T customers will get the 3G iPhone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), complete with 2 year ball and chain.
2. Current iPhone owners who purchased before 11 July 2008 can also get new customer pricing on upgrading to the iPhone 3G and will get their contract date reset to two years in the future.
3. Current AT&T customers eligible for upgrade pricing (check at att.com/iphone) can also get the iPhone 3G at new customer pricing.
4. Current AT&T customers not eligible for upgrade pricing can get the iPhone 3G for $399 (8GB) or $499 (16GB).
5. While the video doesn’t state this, customers who want no commitment pricing will be able to get the phone for $599 (8GB) or $699 (16GB) “soon” according to AT&T’s website. That does not include prepaid, unfortunately, though I suspect that will be an option also.
No matter what, though, I suspect that that the iPhone 3G data plan at $30 a month–$10 more than the standard “unlimited” data plan–will make AT&T a ton of money.
I do wonder how many people will opt for the “no commitment” pricing. I also wonder if people will be able to get that option in an Apple Store.
Tags: at&t, iphone Fnord